[Mristudio-users] ROI placement

Demitry Kazlouski dima_mk at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:56:30 EST 2009

Hello,

Can someone suggest me a better way to place ROI(s) within a white matter
tract and get accurate FAs (fractional anisotropy values) for a group
comparison?

I see two ways by using ROI tab. One is to place ROI of a fixed shape for
all subjects. The other way is to create manually drawn ROIs. If I use the
first method, there would be some uncertainty because the fibers of other
white matter tracts might be selected. If I use the second method, my ROIs
would have different areas and, I assume, this would affect FA values. It
seems like both methods have pros and cons. Please let me know your opinion.
Thanks.

Demitry Kazlouski, BS

Research Assistant, Developmental Brain Research Program University of
Colorado Denver

The Children's Hospital, Gary Pavilion A036/B-130

13123 East 16th Avenue

Aurora, CO 80045

 <mailto:dima_mk at hotmail.com> dima_mk at hotmail.com