[Mristudio-users] Another way to use ROIeditor with different imagens (different matrix)

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Dec 10 12:37:36 EST 2009

1) If multiple images are co-registered, meaning the patient was scanned in
the same session and didn't move;
1-1) if all images, say T1, T2, DTI, MTR, share the same center of FOV and
imaging angles;
> you can use DiffeoMap (previously called Landmarker) to simply resize the
matrix and FOV. Then they will be all co-registered (suppose the patient
didn't move during the scan)
1-2) If different images did not share the same center of FOV and have
different angles;
> You can get the FOV locations and FOV angle information from the DICOM
header and use the information to shift, rotate, resize, rematrix in
DiffeoMap to co-register the images.

2) Or, if you find 1-2 is too much of work or if you suspect the patient
moved,

You can run AIR or MI in Diffeomap to coregister the two images (e.g. DTI
and MTR). These two images can have different matrix size and FOV. The
output of AIR or MI will have the same dimensions as the template you
choose.

So, I believe DiffeoMap can solve your problem in any cases.