[Mristudio-users] registration

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 20 10:10:56 EST 2009

Hi Sona,

You need to use DiffeoMap (previously called Landmarker) for that.

I would recommend to register Flair to DTI, not DTI to Flair because you
have to register all DWIs independently to Flair.
Alternatively, you can calculate the FA map (and other maps you want to
create) first and then register to Flair.

Anyway, when you use DiffeoMap, the first image you open will be the target
(say, b0 image) and the second image (say, Flair) will be registered to the
target.
Once you open the two images, you can use AIR - rigid for the registration.
At this time, any differences in matrix dimensions and FOV will be adjusted
to those of the target.

Because your DTI data are distorted due to B0 susceptibility, the rigid
registration may not be perfect, but this is a problem hard to solve. Also,
if one of your image has strong extra-cranial signals (like skull and face)
and the other doesn't, the AIR registration algorithm may be confused. In
this case, you may need to remove the skull (you can do it by a simple
threshold or a skull strip tool in RoiEditor or other software).

Susumu