[Mristudio-users] tractography of CST

Kevin Spitler kevinspitler at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 1 09:23:54 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to trace the corticospinal tract using DTI Studio and the
tractography algorithm proposed by Wakana et al 2007 NeuroImage.
After making the 2 ROIs at the cerebral peduncle and then at the
precentral gryus, I find the majority of remaining fibers enter the
cerebellum.  After removing these with the "NOT" ROIs, I find the
remaining fibers are very lateral in the cerebral peduncle which is
not the typical position of the corticospinal tract.  Is there a
mistake I am making or is there another algorithm for ROI placement
that may be better in my situation?
Thank you for your help

Best,
Kevin