[Mristudio-users] overlaying analyze anatomical and fiber tract data in DTI studio

Hangyi Jiang hjiang at jhmi.edu
Thu May 7 15:56:30 EDT 2009

hi,Paul

if you saved your fiber data in default "DTI studio" format, you can
overlay the tracts using "File->Load Fiber data" command after your
Analyze images are loaded in. as long as your Analyze images (or any
other kind of images) have same parameters as that of original images
(from where the fiber-tracking was done), the fibers can be overlaid on
the images without any problem.

regards,

hangyi

>>> Paul Beach <pabeach1 at gmail.com> 05/07/09 3:26 PM >>>
To Whom It May Concern:

We were hoping for some input regarding viewing Fiber tracts and DTI
images
concurrently. Due to limitations in our data, we have been forced to
reorient our DTI images and our Fiber tracks accordingly using the
Landmarker program. Unfortunately we have not been able to decipher a
way to
view these two images overlayed simultaneously which is needed as part
of
our delimitation methods. We previously have done this by saving our
Fiber
ROI’s, then placing them on a DTI (through DTIstudio) when needed. Since
this step is not a part of the reorientation process we do not have this
data to use. Essentially we are limited to trying to work with ANALYZE
files
and were wondering if DTIstudio or its sister programs had the ability
load these in to be viewed simultaneously.

The work we’re currently attempting to do is to list certain boundaries
based on anatomical and select fiber tract data (for example the coronal
boundary of the crura/fornical junction) and this requires having the
fiber
tract data mapped onto the anatomical DTIs.

Thanks,

Paul