[Mristudio-users] image quality flags

Jerry Yeou-Wei Chen jyw.chen at utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 7 18:51:07 EDT 2009

Hi Sarah,
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.... but my
understanding is that this is the typical order of operations in using the
flag file:
1) create the flag file: when loading a DTI series, you type in the name
(and path) of the file you wish to create in the textbox under the "Image
Quality Flag File (Optional)" section of the "DW-Image Parameters" window
(e.g. F:\data\myflagfile.flg)
2) fill in the rest of the window to load your DTI series
3) calculate Mean, STD ...
4) display Original - ADC - Mean - STD
5) flag the bad slices
at this point, you can re-calculate the Mean, STD ... and it will take into
account the flags
when you close the window, you'll be asked it you want to save the flg file
- say yes
next time when you open the series, load the flg file you saved, and you can
re-calculate the Mean, STD ...

Hope that helps,

- Jerry

Slide 2 –Calculate Mean, STD …