[Mristudio-users] problem with re-oriented fiber tracts

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Tue Mar 31 18:35:18 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Several questions:

1) Did you do tracking before the rotation, converted to 1/0 binary image,
and rotate with the image?

2) Or did you rotate the image and then do the tracking? If so, did you
rotate the tensor using the "Open *.d" button so that you can get correct
tensor re-orientation?

3) You mentioned, "upside-down". Does it mean you did #1 above? If you did
tracking after image rotation (#2 approach), I guess you won't get the fiber
upside-down with respect to the image.

4) What do you mean by (-) sign of the raw image? In general, if you get
your image upside-down, the culprit is the mixture of our raw format
(Radiology convention) and the Analyze format (Neurology convention as the
default).

Please clarify.

Susumu

  _____