[Mristudio-users] Extract values of the Fiber tract ROI

vikey.han vikey.han at 163.com
Thu Mar 19 10:23:58 EDT 2009

Hi,Susumu, thank you, I learned more from you,  then is my following description correct?
if we have two hypothetical “real” tracts with
    Fiber1={pixel1,pixel2,pixel3,pixel4,pixel5}
     Fiber2={pixel1,pixel2,pixel3,pixel6,pixel7}
generally, the value of FA at pixel3 will be decreased  because it is a cross point,  so, it is possible that  the value of FA at pixel3  is less than the threshold,  in this case,  we will not track to pixel 3 from the seed point, pixel5, thus will generate three parts:
     streamline1={pixel1,pixel2,pixel3} ,  seeding from pixel 1 or 2 or 3
     streamline2={pixel4,pixel5}              seeding from pixel 4 or 5
     streamline3={pixel6,pixe7}               seeding from pixel 6 or 7
furthermore, if we slelect seed, pixel 1,  the principal diffusion direction at the pixel 1 maybe change too much so as to more than the threshold of angle.
Is the above correct?