[Mristudio-users] Importing analyze format ROIs to dtistudio

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:58:46 EST 2009

Hi Naama,

I don't think you can directly import Analyze ROI to DtiStudio.
However, Analyze consists of *.hdr and *.img. The *.img file is a raw data.
If the *.img is a binary data, I believe that you can load it as an ROI
through the ROI/ "raw" format.

One thing you have to know is that the default Analyze format follows
Neurology convention. Because DtiStudio follows Radiology convention, reaing
the *.img directly as a raw data may lead to upside-down location.

I would recommend you to read your Analyze ROI file as Analyze image by
DtiStudio or RoiEditor first (maybe RoiEditor is better). Then save the data
as binary raw data or "binary map" format. I believe the "binary map" format
is one of the most powerful format to communicate with DtiStudio fiber
tracking function.

The easiest way to learn the "binary map" format is to draw ROIs for fiber
tracking in DtiStudio and save the ROI as the "binary map" format. You will
find binary ROI files and one text file, which is a kind of a header file.
You can open and read the text file to understand the file format.

Please let us know if you can follow my suggestion.

Susumu