[Mristudio-users] How to Process Siemens Mosaic files in DTIStudio?

Anuar Imanbayev aimanba1 at jhu.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:03:57 EST 2009

Hello Dr. Mori,

I'm very glad to hear from you.

1.) I loaded the data fine. However, in the pull-down menu in the right column of the view window, it only displays [IMA\ - 15] thru [IMA\ - 30] and [IMA\ - 46] to [IMA\ - 52], which are just the raw data images that I've been provided with. There is a catch yet. I've only received parts 2 and 4 of this data set. I'm awaiting parts 1 and 3 and hopefully those will have the b0 and standard images. At the same time, they may be just more raw data files.

So far I've got:
[IMA\ - 15] to [IMA\ - 30] which comprises part 2
[IMA\ - 46] to [IMA\ - 52] which comprises part 4.
I'm missing:
[IMA\ - 1] to [IMA\ - 14] which should comprise part 1
[IMA\ - 31] to [IMA\ - 45] which should comprise part 3

2.) I do know of the gradient table. I have contacted the collaborating doctor asking him to provide the gradient table his technicians used for image acquisition. Hopefully, as you've said, the image numbers provide a clue. To me they don't because they just look like raw single-type image files.

3.) My operating system is a Dell Inspiron 9400 32-bit Interl(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2350 @1.86GHz 1.87 GHz, so it's up to date. Now, I'm not sure about this imaging plane being oblique. I don't think it is because I can view the images fine and dandy on DTIStudio.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance,
In the meantime, I'll try and circumvent the problem by utilizing MRIConvert to get these .ima mosaic files into .pars and .recs somehow, if possible.

Sincerely yours,
Anuar Imanbayev