[Mristudio-users] How to Process Siemens Mosaic files in DTIStudio?

Anuar Imanbayev aimanba1 at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 15 14:08:07 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

I usually deal with .par and .rec files. However, my PI's collaborator works with Siemens Mosaic files and needs help in being able to perform tensor calculations on them. I'm working out the kinks so then I can report sometime next week with my findings.

At first, the collaborating doctor informed me that the files were .IMA files. Indeed they did masquerade as those, but in reality responded only to Siemens Mosaic filetype under DTIStudio.

Dr. Hangyi Jiang identified the data files not as ima but as mosaic files for me and helped me around in general. Still, I'm at a loss with which gradient files to treat these Siemens Mosaic files and how to perform Tensor calculations that produce credible color maps (mine so far were just red dots all around) I'll keep experimenting and poking around in the meantime.

Please help me understand and deal with this new file type. Also, apparently there were no b0 or standard data files associated with the data set that the collaborator sent -  just a bunch of image files. Would that be a problem in the long run? How to handle the situation when those are provided? With just image files, how do I go about creating an image quality file, then saving it after my scanning for bad quality images?

Thank you for your time and assistance in advance,
Sincerely yours,
Anuar Imanbayev
Undergraduate Neuroscience 2010