[Mristudio-users] question on calculating and generating probabilistic maps for groups

Elizabeth Finger Elizabeth.Finger at lhsc.on.ca
Wed Nov 12 16:08:16 EST 2008

Hello-

I have a question on developing Probabilistic maps of fiber tracts. I have a patient group and a control group in my study. In addition to reporting mean FA values along my tracts of interest (uncinate fasiculus and other tracts defined using ROIs in the amygdala), I am very interested in examining the probablities of the presence of these tracts spatially in the brain, as was done in Mori et al. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 2002.  I have looked at the ROI editor functions but am not sure if the technique used in Mori et al. 2002 to calculate and generate these probability maps for groups of subjects has been automated now in the DTI studio programs?

Thank you,
Elizabeth Finger
This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. This information may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return e-mail and destroy original message. Thank you for your cooperation.