[Mristudio-users] Alternative way

Takahiko Kawashima dearfreud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 11:24:46 EST 2008

Dear users,

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate FA of tracts not running along only one axis, such
as uncinate fasciculus (UF).

At first I planned to combine CUT with other operations to calculate FA only
between the CUT ROIs (in the case of UF, one one coronal and one on axial
slice).
But recently I've found it was a fundamental misunderstanding. (by reading
Dr

If possible, I'd like to get a mean FA of summed "each fiber" FA in depicted
fibers within a defined region.
Could anybody tell me some alternative ways to do this, please?
Or, if I want to calculate FA within a defined region, can't I do anything
but to consider a mean FA of "all the voxels" on which the fibers run?

Because I am totally a beginner and poor in English, this question might
look quite embarrassing and illegible.
I hope your kind answer, and I'll really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Takahiko Kawashima @ Kyoto university