[Mristudio-users] imported ROIs are flipped from front to back of brain

Elizabeth Finger Elizabeth.Finger at lhsc.on.ca
Tue Oct 21 13:22:05 EDT 2008

Hello-

I have created automated ROI's in AFNI, and then used MRIcro to convert them from the Head/Brik format to an Analyze format (.hdr and .img files).  By changing the header to match the header file of ROI's created in DTI studio (e.g. DB Name: ROI; Aux File ROI Save As; Extents: 13694; Gmax 255; Reg 114, and extension .roihdr) I am able to load the ROIs into ROI editor using the raw format.  The only problem is that they are flipped in the A-P direction (e.g. a frontal lobe ROI shows up in the occipital lobe).  The same thing happens if the ROI's are created in SPM (they can only be loaded into DTI studio in raw format, and the location of the ROI is flipped from front to back.  If I load the roi.img file into ROI editor as just a regular image (not under the ROI tab) it displays the ROI drawing in the correct A-P orientation.

I have not been able to find a way in any of the programs to flip the ROI orientation so that it stays aligned with the anatomical and so that it displays correctly when loaded as an ROI.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Finger

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. This information may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return e-mail and destroy original message. Thank you for your cooperation.