[Mristudio-users] ROI uploading and viewing in DTI Studio

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 18 18:31:04 EDT 2008

Hi Elizabeth,

I think your procedure is right, but the BinaryMap file may not be right.

1) Please do some fiber tracking using DtiStudio. Draw some manual ROIs and
see if fibers are correctly reconstructed.
2) If you see fibers are reconstructable, then try to save the ROIs you drew
using the "BinaryMap" format. Open the text file and study inside. For each
ROI file, there should be 3 lines for "Operation", "Fiber color", and
"colormode". At the bottom of the text file, there are explanations about
these fields. For example, "Operation" field says "0=OR, 1=AND".
3) In your example, you specified Operation: 1 for the both ROIs. If you
have two "AND" ROIs, you do not get any fibers. The first one has to be "OR"
and the second one "AND" to combine two ROIs.