[Mristudio-users] The b matrix

darshan pai darshanp20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 16:45:54 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I just had a question regarding the Weighting matrix . I have always seen that the b value is usually set to be 1000 . Is there a specific reason to do that . I have seen literature which suggest that having b value to 1000 is appropriate to at least resolve two fiber populations. Which means that increasing the value should be advantageous for multiple orientations. Is there an SNR issue to take care of at higher b values ?

Maybe the question is too basic and maybe a little too trivial . Just curious to know

Regards
Darshan