[Mristudio-users] Gradient Table

Tapan Jani icee41 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:35:15 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I sent out an e-mail earlier about generating a gradient table and am still
a little bit confused. In order to use DtiStudio properly, it seems that one
needs a gradient table to go along with their data. Our lab is currently
using a 3T Excite GE scanner to perform our DTI scans, but we also have a
Siemens scanner for which the following questions apply. Within the dicom
header of the GE scanner, under the tag #DTI Diffusion Dir (0019, 01E0), we
are able to tell the number of gradients, but not able to find the x,y,z
information.

Is there a program that can generate gradient tables to go along with our
dicom data, or can it actually be found within the header - and if so,
where? Finally I was curious as to whether there are standard gradient
tables that go along with specific scanners every time a DTI scan is
performed.

Thank you very much for all of your help, it is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tapan Jani

tjani2 at uic.edu