[Mristudio-users] question on DTI protocol

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed May 21 17:08:44 EDT 2008

When you are talking about matrix size (128 or 256), do you mean the actual
acquired data size is 128 and just interpolated to 256? Or do you want real
256 data acquisition?

I would suggest data acquisition of 96 (with 240 mm FOV, 2.5 mm resolution)
or 128 (with 256 mm FOV, 2 mm resolution), interpolated to 192 or 256.

Real data acquisition of 256 is too much for DTI.

Remember, we use single-shot EPI. After 96-128 echoes, there is not much
signal left anymore. There is no point to keep sampling the noise. More data
points (like 256) just give us more distortion without real gain of
resolution.

Also, gap should be 0.

Anyway I would suggest first figuring out if you are dealing with
interpolated 256 or real 256 datapoints.