[Mristudio-users] recalculating means with two AIR series?

Elizabeth Finger Elizabeth.Finger at lhsc.on.ca
Fri May 16 12:26:29 EDT 2008

Thank you- that worked perfectly. My main mistake was not opening up the AIR files as .rec format.
Thanks,
Elizabeth Finger

>>> susumu <susumu at mri.jhu.edu> 05/16/08 11:48 AM >>>
I think you'd better run AIR, save the AIRed images, close the DtiStudio,
open the AIRed images, and run DTI calculation.

When you save the AIRed image, save the first 3+33 images into one file as
the raw format. Then save the second 3+33 images is a separate files.

In this way, you end up with two 4D AIRed files. To read these raw 4D files,
please use "Philips REC" format. If you type in correct X, Y, and Z
dimensions, you should see there are 36 images in your file.

For DTI calculation, you can load the two 4D files for simultaneous fitting.
Before the DTI calculation, it is good idea to calculate "mean and STD
(actually subtraction in your case)" to get an idea about the quality of
coregistration by AIR. However, this calculation would put extra burden to
memory. So, after the quality check, you may need to close the window and
load the data again before the tensor calculation.

As a reminder, you need a 64bit system to use RAM bigger than 1GB.

Hope this will help.